We aim to provide an inclusive environment and welcome pupils with SEND into the school community. We want all our children to enjoy school including those who can find learning more challenging and believe that this can be achieved when we work together.
At St Peter’s and St Gildas’ we aim to:
- enable every pupil to experience success
- break down any possible barriers to learning
- promote individual confidence and a positive attitude
- identify, assess, record and regularly review pupil progress and needs
- ensure that all pupils receive appropriate educational provision through a broad and balanced curriculum that is relevant and differentiated, and that demonstrates progression in learning
- involve parents/carers in planning and reviewing at all stages of their child’s development
- work collaboratively with parents and other professionals and support services
- ensure that the responsibility held by all staff and governors for SEND is implemented and maintained make arrangements to support pupils with medical conditions
- meet Equality Act duties for pupils with disabilities
Our SENCO Mrs. O’Brien can contacted via school offices.
St Peter’s and St Gildas’ SEND documents