A school uniform enables children to identify with their school, gives a sense of belonging, is practical and smart, and reduces expenditure for parents/carers.
Girls: winter uniform
- Yellow polo T-shirt
- Red jumper or cardigan*
- Grey skirt or tunic or grey trousers
- Grey or red tights
- Black sensible shoes (no trainers)
Girls: summer uniform
- Yellow check or striped dress
- White socks
- Suitable sandals or shoes
Boys: winter and summer uniform
- Yellow polo T-shirt
- Red jumper*
- Grey shorts or trousers
- Black shoes (no trainers) or sandals (summer)
* Items marked with an asterisk are only available from the school. Please label all clothing (including coats) as we are not insured to cover any losses.
Parents agree to support the uniform policy when they accept a place for their child. If a pupil is, for some reason, unable to wear the correct uniform on a particular day, a note of explanation is required and the issue should be rectified as soon as possible.
- Red school jumper or cardigan available from the school office. (This is a special dye colour and can only be purchased from the school, alternatives are not permitted unless there are specific medical reasons for this.)
- White shirt
- School tie (only available from the school)
- Grey skirt, pinafore, trousers or shorts
- White, black, red or grey socks/tights
- Black shoes or boots. These should be school appropriate (no Uggs, Crocs or trainers)
In summer, pupils can wear a summer dress (yellow and white check) or grey shorts with shirt, tie and jumper/cardigan. Sandals are also permitted but must be worn with socks and should be suitable for school. For health and safety reasons, children are not allowed to wear jewellery in school. This includes earrings/ear studs and hair decorations, which can be unsafe in the event of a fall or if worn during PE.
A tidy hairstyle is an essential part of the uniform and long hair should be tied back. Eccentric styles such as shaved, dyed or with patterns cut into the hair, are not acceptable.
Nail varnish is not permitted.
All items (apart from plimsolls) items are available from the school
- Black shorts (black tracksuit bottoms/black sweatshirts may be worn in colder weather)
- Yellow St Gildas’ T-shirt
- Black plimsolls
- Drawstring bag
PE kit must be available each day in school
Please mark all items clearly with your child’s name.
Large sports bags are unnecessary and cannot be accommodated in cloakroom areas due to limited space. Children are asked to bring small drawstring bags/rucksacks, which can be hung on the hooks provided.